Saturday, May 2, 2009

Estimated Time of Arrival


Hello family, friends, world...

We are back! (And have been since sometime in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, I'll admit). The idea of writing or even just posting pictures, though, has felt a little daunting. The trip was excellent, as to be expected. I think it will be one of those things that's hard to process or reflect on in any sort of explicit way, but that will just slowly weave its subtle, vast memories into the constitution of the person that is me. That said, I'll do my best (at future points, not now, sorry) to identify my thoughts in the contexts where they belong and to retell whatever little bits and pieces that occur to me in versions retell-able. For now, I'm simply letting each of you know all is well. Beijing is hot. A soft-serve ice cream place has opened next door to our favorite "little eats" restaurant. This weekend is the May 1 holiday, which means the busses are packed and we have no classes Friday or Monday. Post-trip papers and a book review for religion class keep me busy when I'm not walking the warm streets at night or eating afternoon popsicles or making the morning's tea. It is my fullest intention to post again soon with something longer and more interesting, but for now I'll leave you here with a reminder again than I'm thinking about and loving all of you. Happy May 1!

Love,
Makenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment